- Manager’s Messages
Hello Eastern Columbia,
Please note the Orpheum Theatre will have a production company filming Thursday June 14th from 7PM-5AM. There will be a full closure on Broadway between 8th & 9th Streets, Broadway will remain accessible to residents. If you have questions please contact your Property Production Manager (PPM) Todd Wolfe (610) 842-4414 or
Monica Chavez (213) 305-0464. Pardon the inconvenience, we thank you in advance.
Date of Activity : 6/14/18
Areas of Use:
• Full Closure on Broadway from 8th -9th Street OPEN TO RESIDENTS
Onsite Film Monitor:
• Site Rep will monitor activity while production filming occurs
* Renee Hambley, who many of you know, will be available to answer questions
prior to or after the date of filming, please direct questions to her new email,
Monica Chavez Property Production Manager (PPM)
Dear Eastern Residents,
This is a friendly reminder that the Board Meeting is scheduled tonight at 7pm in the lobby.
Also, the Annual Meeting is scheduled this Wednesday at 7pm in the lobby. Please make sure to submit your ballot if you have not done so already. Quorum requires 75 ballots in order to hold the meeting. To date the Ballot Inspector has received 45 ballots.
Please vote today!
Dear Eastern Resident,
Below are the move guidelines for the building. With the large number of moves lately, it’s a good idea to know the guidelines to ensure a smooth move. Please contact Management with any questions.
1. Prior to Your Move. To insure proper scheduling and availability of the move-in elevator designated for your move, please contact the front desk at your earliest opportunity to reserve a time(s) for your move-in. At that time you should review any questions that you might have regarding these Move-In/Out procedures. You must also submit a Move-In/Move-Out Agreement which may be obtained from the front desk prior to you move.
2. Moving Fee and Scheduling. Each resident must schedule their move date. At the time the resident schedules the move, the resident and the Owner (or Owner’s leasing agent) must sign the Move Agreement and provide a deposit of $500.00 to the front desk within five (5) working days prior to the scheduled move-in. The deposit is applicable to all damage, repair, cleaning, losses or other liabilities that may exceed the amount of the deposit. There is a fee for the move coordinator which is $25 per hour with a two hour minimum.
3. Moving Times. Move-In/Move-Outs will be conducted between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily, Monday through Saturday, except for the following Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Yom Kippur, and Christmas Day. Sundays are reserved as a time of quiet enjoyment for all residents and therefore no moving or deliveries are allowed on Sunday. An appointment to schedule a move-in or move-out of the building must be made seven (7) working days in advance of the move to insure access to the elevator within a specific time frame and day. Unscheduled moves or deliveries will not be allowed use of the elevators.
4. Parking. If you are using a professional moving company, be sure to inform them that it will be necessary to park large moving trucks in the loading zone located on 9th Street. If you have any questions or concerns about the size of the vehicle you intend to use please discuss this matter with the front desk PRIOR to the day of your move.
5. Moving Company. Please choose your moving company carefully! You, as the Unit Owner or tenant, are fully responsible for any damage done to the Common Area or Association Property during your move. Because of this liability it is important that the moving company carry its own insurance for such damage. If you plan to move from out-of-state, please either use a destination (local) agent for the company or instruct the driver to call the front desk a minimum of seven (7) working days in advance to coordinate the time of arrival and to insure availability of the designated elevator. Owners who wish to move-in without using a professional moving company may do so providing they meet all the requirements of the moving companies, i.e., scheduling the elevator seven (7) working days in advance of the move and accompanying the Association’s Representative on walk-through before and after the move.
THE MOVING COMPANY MUST USE THE PROTECTIVE COVERING FOR THE ELEVATOR CAB WALLS DURING THE MOVING PROCESS.
NO MOVES WILL BE PERMITTED IF THE PROTECTIVE COVERINGS ARE NOT FULLY IN PLACE. THE OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS FOR REPAIRS NECESSITATED
BY THE MOVE.
Suggestions for Moving Preparation:
1. Make a Plan.
2. Be Sure You Know:
Your unit number.
The day, date, and the block of time you are assigned for the Move-In/Out and have verified this with your moving company.
The size of the designated moving elevator and hallways. The elevator door measure 48”wide and the interior portion of the elevator measures 84” x 45”.
The height of the elevator is 7’- 8”. The elevator has removable ceiling tiles in the back two feet of the elevator which allows us of two (2) more feet in height, for a total height use of approximately 10’ when the tiles are removed.
THE FINISH ON THE ELEVATOR AND HALLWAY WALLS IS EASILY DAMAGED AND EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR. Measure your large items to be sure they fit through the standard door openings and elevators.
All move-ins and deliveries must be brought into the west loading entrance. AT NO TIME SHOULD THE FRONT BROADWAY ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING BE USED FOR UNLOADING OF EQUIPMENT OR FURNITURE.
3. Boxes and Packing Materials. Please do not allow any boxes to be stacked in the loading areas or in the hallways. At the end of the move the hallways and elevator must be cleared of all debris. All trash and debris must be carried off-site on a daily basis by your moving company. The trash dumpsters may not be used for disposing of debris. Please contact the front desk for further details. Any Owner who disregards this regulation by leaving packing materials and boxes in the hallways will be required to cover the cost of having a contractor remove this nuisance and fire hazard.
4. Future Moves & Deliveries. In the event that you find it necessary to move or have any items delivered that require two (2) or more persons to transport, you must schedule this with the front desk. A walk-through before and after the move will be made with the individual or individuals making the move or delivery.
Please remember the intent of these guidelines is to assure the enjoyment of all and to minimize damage to common areas.
Thank you for efforts and consideration.