- Manager’s Messages
Dear Eastern Residents,
This is a friendly reminder that the Board Meeting is scheduled tonight at 7pm in the lobby.
Also, the Annual Meeting is scheduled this Wednesday at 7pm in the lobby. Please make sure to submit your ballot if you have not done so already. Quorum requires 75 ballots in order to hold the meeting. To date the Ballot Inspector has received 45 ballots.
Please vote today!
Dear Eastern Resident,
Below are the move guidelines for the building. With the large number of moves lately, it’s a good idea to know the guidelines to ensure a smooth move. Please contact Management with any questions.
1. Prior to Your Move. To insure proper scheduling and availability of the move-in elevator designated for your move, please contact the front desk at your earliest opportunity to reserve a time(s) for your move-in. At that time you should review any questions that you might have regarding these Move-In/Out procedures. You must also submit a Move-In/Move-Out Agreement which may be obtained from the front desk prior to you move.
2. Moving Fee and Scheduling. Each resident must schedule their move date. At the time the resident schedules the move, the resident and the Owner (or Owner’s leasing agent) must sign the Move Agreement and provide a deposit of $500.00 to the front desk within five (5) working days prior to the scheduled move-in. The deposit is applicable to all damage, repair, cleaning, losses or other liabilities that may exceed the amount of the deposit. There is a fee for the move coordinator which is $25 per hour with a two hour minimum.
3. Moving Times. Move-In/Move-Outs will be conducted between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. daily, Monday through Saturday, except for the following Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Yom Kippur, and Christmas Day. Sundays are reserved as a time of quiet enjoyment for all residents and therefore no moving or deliveries are allowed on Sunday. An appointment to schedule a move-in or move-out of the building must be made seven (7) working days in advance of the move to insure access to the elevator within a specific time frame and day. Unscheduled moves or deliveries will not be allowed use of the elevators.
4. Parking. If you are using a professional moving company, be sure to inform them that it will be necessary to park large moving trucks in the loading zone located on 9th Street. If you have any questions or concerns about the size of the vehicle you intend to use please discuss this matter with the front desk PRIOR to the day of your move.
5. Moving Company. Please choose your moving company carefully! You, as the Unit Owner or tenant, are fully responsible for any damage done to the Common Area or Association Property during your move. Because of this liability it is important that the moving company carry its own insurance for such damage. If you plan to move from out-of-state, please either use a destination (local) agent for the company or instruct the driver to call the front desk a minimum of seven (7) working days in advance to coordinate the time of arrival and to insure availability of the designated elevator. Owners who wish to move-in without using a professional moving company may do so providing they meet all the requirements of the moving companies, i.e., scheduling the elevator seven (7) working days in advance of the move and accompanying the Association’s Representative on walk-through before and after the move.
THE MOVING COMPANY MUST USE THE PROTECTIVE COVERING FOR THE ELEVATOR CAB WALLS DURING THE MOVING PROCESS.
NO MOVES WILL BE PERMITTED IF THE PROTECTIVE COVERINGS ARE NOT FULLY IN PLACE. THE OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS FOR REPAIRS NECESSITATED
BY THE MOVE.
Suggestions for Moving Preparation:
1. Make a Plan.
2. Be Sure You Know:
Your unit number.
The day, date, and the block of time you are assigned for the Move-In/Out and have verified this with your moving company.
The size of the designated moving elevator and hallways. The elevator door measure 48”wide and the interior portion of the elevator measures 84” x 45”.
The height of the elevator is 7’- 8”. The elevator has removable ceiling tiles in the back two feet of the elevator which allows us of two (2) more feet in height, for a total height use of approximately 10’ when the tiles are removed.
THE FINISH ON THE ELEVATOR AND HALLWAY WALLS IS EASILY DAMAGED AND EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR. Measure your large items to be sure they fit through the standard door openings and elevators.
All move-ins and deliveries must be brought into the west loading entrance. AT NO TIME SHOULD THE FRONT BROADWAY ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING BE USED FOR UNLOADING OF EQUIPMENT OR FURNITURE.
3. Boxes and Packing Materials. Please do not allow any boxes to be stacked in the loading areas or in the hallways. At the end of the move the hallways and elevator must be cleared of all debris. All trash and debris must be carried off-site on a daily basis by your moving company. The trash dumpsters may not be used for disposing of debris. Please contact the front desk for further details. Any Owner who disregards this regulation by leaving packing materials and boxes in the hallways will be required to cover the cost of having a contractor remove this nuisance and fire hazard.
4. Future Moves & Deliveries. In the event that you find it necessary to move or have any items delivered that require two (2) or more persons to transport, you must schedule this with the front desk. A walk-through before and after the move will be made with the individual or individuals making the move or delivery.
Please remember the intent of these guidelines is to assure the enjoyment of all and to minimize damage to common areas.
Thank you for efforts and consideration.
Regulation 4 Annual Fire Life Safety Testing
The City of Los Angeles Fire Department requires mandatory fire alarm testing of the fire/life safety equipment in the building annually. All Quality Fire Protection, Inc. will be conducting the testing this year. In addition to the common areas of the building, it is mandatory that all individual units’ fire sprinklers are inspected as part of our 5 Year Sprinkler Inspection. For this, access to your unit is crucial. We are requiring access to your unit for this project on:
TESTING SCHEDULE: WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2017
If you are not able to be present during the testing, we ask that you please leave a key with the front desk. If you already have a key at the desk, we will need your permission to use it for the inspection. Management will be assisting All Quality Fire Protection with providing access to the units.
We recommend that pet owners make arrangements for their pets as the alarms will sound intermittently throughout the day.
We will be starting on the PH level in the morning at 10:00 am and working our way down the building. The testing will end around 4pm.
The emergency power system will be tested and power will be off to the building from 12:00 PM -1:00 PM. Please turn off any electronic devices to avoid service interruptions. If you use Bel Air Internet, your service will be interrupted during the power shut down as well from 12-1.
The elevators are scheduled to be tested as well and will not be in service for approximately 45 minutes towards the end of the day.
We realize that this testing may be inconvenient. However, it is mandated by the City of Los Angeles Fire Department and must be completed. We therefore request that you plan for this testing and schedule meetings, special events, etc. accordingly.
Please be advised, if any units are not tested during this scheduled date then an additional cost to the Association may occur and the Association may, in turn, pass that additional cost onto the Owner.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact management at 213.627.9346. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation, patience and understanding.
Eastern Columbia Management